The obstetrics text that has defined the discipline for generations of obstetrician-gynecologists is now more timely―and essential―than ever. Written by authors from the nationally known University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Williams Obstetrics maintains its trademark comprehensive coverage and applicability at the bedside, while offering the most current perspective of the field.
This landmark text begins with fundamental discussions of reproductive anatomy and physiology. These dovetail into clinical chapters covering obstetrical complications such as preterm labor, pregnancy-related infection, hemorrhage, and hypertension, among others. Representing the culmination of a century of clinical thought, the new Twenty-Fifth Edition is enhanced by more than 1,000 full-color illustrations plus an increased emphasis on the fast-growing subspecialty of maternal-fetal medicine.
- Entire section on the diagnosis and treatment of fetal disorders, providing deeper insights into fetal complications in utero
- Traditional focus on the varied medical and surgical disorders that can complicate pregnancy
- 1,000 eye-catching illustrations, including updated graphs, sonograms, MRIs, photographs, and photomicrographs
- Solid evidence-based approach highlights the scientific underpinnings of clinical obstetrics, with special emphasis on physiological principles
- Current professional and academic guidelines are incorporated into the text and appear in easy-to-read tables
- Updated with 3,000 new literature citations through 2017
No other text can match the long-established scientific rigor and accessibility of Williams Obstetrics. With its state-of-the-art design and review of the newest advances and protocols, this not-be-missed clinical companion brings positive outcomes within reach.