Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
An In-Depth Guide to Water and Wastewater Engineering
This authoritative volume offers comprehensive coverage of the design and construction of municipal water and wastewater facilities. The book addresses water treatment in detail, following the flow of water through the unit processes and coagulation, flocculation, softening, sedimentation, filtration, disinfection, and residuals management. Each stage of wastewater treatment–preliminary, secondary, and tertiary–is examined along with residuals management.
Water and Wastewater Engineering contains more than 100 example problems, 500 end-of-chapter problems, and 300 illustrations. Safety issues and operation and maintenance procedures are also discussed in this definitive resource.
- Intake structures and wells
- Chemical handling and storage
- Coagulation and flocculation
- Lime-soda and ion exchange softening
- Reverse osmosis and nanofiltration
- Granular and membrane filtration
- Disinfection and fluoridation
- Removal of specific constituents
- Drinking water plant residuals management, process selection, and integration
- Storage and distribution systems
- Wastewater collection and treatment design considerations
- Sanitary sewer design
- Headworks and preliminary treatment
- Primary treatment
- Wastewater microbiology
- Secondary treatment by suspended and attached growth biological processes
- Secondary settling, disinfection, and postaeration
- Tertiary treatment
- Wastewater plant residuals management
- Clean water plant process selection and integration