Zoonoses are the diseases which can spread from animals to humans. This book covers all important zoonoses that are prevalent in today’s world. As a modern learning resource, it incorporates recent scientific developments and concepts to give readers a complete overview of each zoonoses. Written by three well-qualified authors in academia, sample topics covered within the book include:
- Bacterial, viral, parasitic, rickettsial, fungal, prion, and foodborne zoonoses
- Aetiology and epidemiology of each zoonotic disease
- Clinical symptoms and diagnosis in animals and humans
- Treatment options, plus prevention and control strategies
- CDC classification of zoonotic agents and the WHO’s list of ‘neglected zoonoses’
Written for undergraduate and postgraduate students studying veterinary public health and epidemiology, Textbook of Zoonoses is also a helpful resource for other veterinary and medical professionals interested in public health and epidemiology.