Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
The industry-standard resource for stress and strain formulas―fully updated for the latest advances and restructured for ease of use
This newly designed and thoroughly revised guide contains accurate and thorough tabulated formulations that can be applied to the stress analysis of a comprehensive range of structural components. Roark’s Formulas for Stress and Strain, Ninth Edition has been reorganized into a user-friendly format that makes it easy to access and apply the information. The book explains all of the formulas and analyses needed by designers and engineers for mechanical system design. You will get a solid grounding in the theory behind each formula along with real-world applications that cover a wide range of materials.
• The behavior of bodies under stress
• Analytical, numerical, and experimental methods
• Tension, compression, shear, and combined stress
• Beams and curved beams
• Torsion, flat plates, and columns
• Shells of revolution, pressure vessels, and pipes
• Bodies under direct pressure and shear stress
• Elastic stability
• Dynamic and temperature stresses
• Stress concentration
• Fatigue and fracture
• Stresses in fasteners and joints
• Composite materials and solid biomechanics