Best-selling authors David Myers’ and Nathan DeWall’s briefest introduction to psychology speaks to all students regardless of their background or level of preparedness, with no assumptions made in the vocabulary, examples, or presentation. Students of all kinds are comfortable with the inclusive tone and the manageable, pedagogically-effective chapters. Instructors appreciate the authors’ encouraging students throughout to THINK critically, CONSIDER diverse perspectives, and IMPROVE their everyday life.
Psychology in Everyday Life is a complete and affordable resource for students at all levels. Dave Myers and Nathan DeWall work on the text and corresponding LaunchPad content so there is a tight connection between all aspects of the course. This edition is heavily updated to reflect the latest in psychological science and to further emphasize the value of thinking critically, considering diverse perspectives, and improving our everyday life. The following elements support this new theme in the fifth edition:
- New “Psychological Science in a Post-Truth World” section in Chapter 1, with its new companion animated tutorial in LaunchPad.
- “Thinking Critically About” infographics, with new companion activities in LaunchPad.
CONSIDER DIVERSE PERSPECTIVES:
- New coverage on topics related to diversity and inclusion, especially the significantly revised Chapter 4, Sex, Gender, and Sexuality.
- New historical timeline in Appendix F, with an emphasis on diverse voices.
- New classroom activities on topics related to diversity now included in the Instructor’s Resources.
IMPROVE YOUR EVERYDAY LIFE
- New Student Preface, “How to Apply Psychology to Live Your Best Life,” focused on student success.
- New “Improve Your Everyday Life” feature throughout each chapter helps students apply psychology’s principles to their own lives.
- Assess Your Strengths activities in LaunchPad help make psychology’s concepts meaningful, memorable, and useful for students.