With updated data and figures throughout, the new seventh edition is a thorough revision that highlights many new trends in health care; examines current challenges in cost, access, and quality; and explores the legacy of Obamacare and the future of health care reform in view of the new presidency.
The Seventh Edition covers:
• New trends in health care
• Chronic conditions in the U.S. along with updated information on global pandemics and infectious diseases
• Healthy People 2020 goals
• Implications of healthcare professional shortage and the major issues in healthcare workforce after the ACA
• New regulations for medical devices and the impact medical technology and technology assessment.
• Current information on health insurance
• New assessments of patient centered medical homes in primary care; primary care providers in other countries; and current developments in alternative medicine
• Updates on hospital utilization and costs.
• Experiences with CO OPs and ACOs under Obamacare.
• Perspectives on community based LTC. Trends in institutional care.
• The uninsured after the ACA; the current status of the homeless; the plight of mental health and healthcare; the quality of care indicators
• Current challenges in health care cost, access, and quality; pay for performance in healthcare
• The critical policy issues; future health policy issues/challenges in both US and abroad.