Buy a new version of this textbook and receive access to the Connected eBook with Study Center on CasebookConnect, including: lifetime access to the online ebook with highlight, annotation, and search capabilities; practice questions from your favorite study aids; an outline tool and other helpful resources. Connected eBooks provide what you need most to be successful in your law school classes.
A leading text by a prominent scholar, Constitutional Law is known for its concise, yet comprehensive presentation. Professor Chemerinsky’s distinctive approach for the Sixth Edition presents the law solely through case excerpts and his own essays. With the author’s context and background information, the law becomes more readily understood. A flexible organization accommodates a variety of course structures; no chapter assumes that students have read preceding material.
New to the Sixth Edition:
- New cases decided since the Fifth Edition, including those on partisan gerrymandering, the travel ban, state action, freedom of speech, and the religion clauses
- Significant reorganizations of some of the chapters (including chapters on federal limits on state power and the religion clauses)
Professors and students will benefit from:
- Renowned authorship
- Concise, yet comprehensive presentation
- Distinctive approach presents the law solely through case excerpts and author-written essays
- Straightforward, accessible writing style that provides context and background information for greater understanding
- Flexible organization—no chapter assumes that students have read the rest
- Cases and materials have been edited to be as ideologically neutral as possible