A fully updated and expanded new edition of the official reference to all the recognised Poultry Standards in Great Britain
The seventh edition of British Poultry Standards contains complete specifications together with judging points for all standardised breeds and varieties of poultry, as compiled by the specialist Breed Clubs and published under the guidance of the Poultry Club of Great Britain. Intended as a manual to aid in the instruction and identification of breeds for the novice through to the veterinarian, this new edition has been thoroughly revised and edited, with numerous changes to breed pictures and profiles, providing a well-defined update for contemporary breeding, judging and exhibiting.
Under the guardianship of the Poultry Club of Great Britain, this book details the authorised standards of excellence for each breed, covering categories such as feather markings, breed classification, and defects and deformities.
- The must-have reference for keepers, breeders, judges and exhibitors of pure bred poultry
- Features over 500 colour photographs, including 150 new images
- Includes 10 new breeds as well as all standardised breeds, and features photographs of many different varieties
- Provides complete specifications and judging points of all standardised breeds and varieties of poultry
- Recognised by the Poultry Club of Great Britain
British Poultry Standards, 7th Edition is an essential resource for all poultry judges, breeders, exhibitors and keepers, as well as agricultural and veterinary college libraries and conservationists.